Wednesday 31 May 2017

You are...

Hello!

A very quick post to share a card that I made for Altenew's May inspiration challenge.

Here is my take on the inspiration picture. I stamped images from Peony Scrolls stamp set on Strathmore Bristol smooth cardstock and coloured them with Zig markers.

I took time to figure out the arrangement (as always! :))

I added a heat embossed sentiment. I also added interest to the design by repeatedly stamping the sentiment in pale pink colour. I also added some clear sequins.


Here is a close up of the sentiment strip coated with Wink of Stella. Can you see the shimmer?


One more close up of the floral arrangement.


Supplies used-
Peony scrolls stamp set.
You are stamp set for sentiment.

Now for a little secret. ;) Initially, when I finished creating this card, it didn't look like the one I have just shown here. It looked like this...



After I had finished making the above card for the challenge, I realised that the green in the challenge picture and the green on my card are completely different. So, I stamped a bunch of leaves again and coloured them in a different green to match the inspiration picture. Then adhered the newly fussu cut images exactly on the previously adhered leaves. I knew nobody would be able to make it out. ;) I also added more leaves to balance the design.

See you soon tommorrow with an exciting post. :)

Hugs..
Sindhu.

1 comment:

SD pooja said...

Its Beautiful ! loved the bg with repeating sentiment :)