Wednesday 12 April 2017

Cute critters

Hi everyone!

It has been a week since I had posted but then I was so busy having good time with family. My parents had come to visit us (especially our little one) and I could spend sometime with the hubby after what seemed like ages!

Anyway, coming to the crafty things, I had a fabulous time making some 'Thank you' cards for someone who had ordered. The only thing she wanted was no florals. There was nothing else said. I made a bunch of cute cards which I would be sharing soon.

For today, I have a couple of cards that I already shared on IG and FB.


There is nothing really special about the card except that I had followed the 'Rule of Thirds' for the first time. I went through an amazing series of videos on MFT's YouTube channel loaded with information about basic principles.  I will link to this particular video at the end of the post. This was a part of 'Summer school' in 2015 I think.


Let me link to Wikipedia where the explanation was goodt. Click HERE. So, I made my own template so I can apply it to my cards. This card follows it perfectly.


By the way, aren't those birdhouses the sweetest? I die cut around five of each and layered them one over the other with the top most layer being a patterned, textured paper.


I absolutely love how they look like store bought embellishmemts.


 The next card got featured on the MFT challenge blog. Isn't that awesome?! :)

Colouring, fussy cutting, ink blending and some googly eyes was everything that was needed to make this cute card.


Aren't the owls cute? Agasthya (the little one that I talked about earlier) absolutely loves owls! I don't know why but he loves all the owls. The cute ones and the creepy looking ones! LOL! 


I hope you like the cards...

Here is the link to MFT's educational resources.

Here is the link to the video on MFT's YpuTube channel that talks about the 'Rule of thirds'.

Will be soon with the set of 'Thank you' cards. See you!

No comments: